Wylex Metal Amendment 3 Consumer Unit 15 Way 17th Edition High Integrity With 12 MCBs
A 'High Integrity' consumer unit is one that allows you to put circuit breaking devices on the Main Switch as well as the RCDs.
Since all 17th edition compliant amendment 3 consumer units must be protected against earth leakage as well as overload and short circuit, the breaking devices used on the main switch must be RCBOs.
Consequently, a High Integrity consumer unit allows you to protect all your mission critical circuits, such as smoke alarms, security system, fridge freezer etc, through the use of RCBOs independently.
How Does a High Integrity Consumer Unit Work?
Fairly simply, a high integrity consumer unit uses three busbars instead of one. One busbar for each of the RCDs and one for the main switch. They are connected via fly leads such that the main switch is still used to isolate the entire board.
Features of the NMRS Range of Consumer Units
- Wylex MCB's (5x6A, 1x16A, 5x32A & 1x40A) - (Or let us know your own choice of MCB mix in the comments box during checkout!)
- 17th Edition Amendment 3 Compliant
- Highly flexible in configuration permitting any combination of RCD protected ways
- Factory fitted 100 amp Mains Switch, and 2 x 80 amp 30mA RCD's
- Fully metal enclosure
- Highly versatile, allowing the user to choose how they configure the split-load
- Full Din rail accepts any modular din mounted devices such as bell transformers and timers
- Cable entry knockouts on 5 sides, top, bottom, left, right, and rear
- Generous cable room with neutral and earth bars mounted on the top of the enclosure
- Circuit identification labels providing clear understanding of outgoing ways